Monday, November 22, 2010

3 years ago tomorrow....

Tomorrow marks the "anniversary" of the day Evan had his severe seizures. It's a day that is forever etched into my memory...every vivid detail.

I wasn't sure if I was going to lose him that night. When I ask the ER dr if he would wake up, he didn't know. When I asked the pediatric intensive care doctor after he was life flighted to Sioux Falls, he's response was the same. Despite all of their concerns, I felt in my heart that Evan was going to be okay. I had peace. I had faith...God was going to take care of him. And he did. After his stint in Sioux Falls and many Mayo trips later, there are still no answers as to why it happened. However, the check ups have remained positive and reassuring. Most recently, we saw his neurologist in July and he was having only very brief seizure activity during his sleep deprived EEG. I look forward to the day when we have a completely "normal" report.

I am so proud of the boy Evan has become. 9 years old now and full of wisdom and compassion beyond his years. Tomorrow is just a reminder on how very very very blessed I am be to be his mom, I couldn't ask for a better son!

It is a day now that we celebrate....a day to celebrate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment