As I get older (which literally shall happen in 15 minutes), I feel as though I learn a little more with each experience, each season, and each year that passes. I have especially started to grasp the fact that life and the pursuit of happiness are journeys, not destinations.
I sometimes start running (figuratively, not literally), keeping myself constantly busy. Busy is my way of coping. I am stressed. Constantly. But I am stressed because I am busy, not because my life is a mess. Being busy is an easier concept to stomach than the other. However, I have really really tried and hope I can continue to make progress living in the moment. Whether something lasts a moment or forever, enjoying it for what it's worth is what life is all about. I am not seeking perfection, I have learned that is not reality. What I want, is contentment.
I look at my children. They are my inspiration. I want to be the best mom I can be and give them what they deserve and more. They remind me of the purity, the love, and the beauty of life. Despite all the trials, the triumphs, and the heartache, love prevails. Regardless of how hard a moment or a year is, there is always a chance for a fresh start and for hope. I won't give up. I refuse to.
Even when I thought I found something that I thought was real....that I thought was special, I was yet again proven wrong. Yet, I have NO regrets. I made a good friend because of it and I learned that I am capable of feeling. Good people exist. And though my heart aches right now, I am blessed with hope. I couldn't live without it.
To the last year of my 20s, my wish for myself is that I find a way to live, laugh, and love everyday. Life is too short to live any other way:)
You never fail to amaze me! All you have been through, and all you go through and you have such a open heart and open mind!
ReplyDeleteWe love you, and wish you a very HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!
It took me many years, but I have most definitely learned that there is no point in being angry or living in regret or with resentment. We just must move forward as a better person!! I miss you and so wish you lived closer. Thanks for the bday wishes. Love you too!
ReplyDelete